Blogger Templates

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Meet Josefina!






For a while I put up my AG darlings as sat in a kind of slump. I don't know if things are necessarily better in my life but at least there is a place for my favorite past time once again.


It had been 2 years since my last AG purchase for myself. My 26th birthday I finally got to go and pick out my very own doll from an american girl store, the Atlanta AGB&B. That was the way I got my sassy Wryn (#25). She really is my everything kind of doll.

While Wryn and Kaede continued to stay somewhat in the open I just didn't really have the heart to play with them like I use to.

Fast forward to my 28th birthday. I guess things just started to fall into place again. I got a wee bit of money from both my mom and my dad and decided it was time for another doll. At first I thought I might want Kanani the AGoT for this year but then I started to look at Josefina's collection again and well I began to be tempted by her as well. I knew I wanted a doll with a lot of hair. Doing doll hair is a great therapy for me. So the more hair I thought the better! (I'm second guessing that now)

In the end I decided on Josefina. I loved her collection! I hadn't really had a historical to be die hard over since they retired Samantha and Nellie. Don't get me wrong I love all my girls, but I never was really attracted to their collections as a complete whole.

I decided to find a Josefina on eBay in good condition. I got lucky with one who's braid had never been taken down. I ended up paying about $75 with shipping. I was so excited when she arrived!!
While her outfit looked like it had never been taken off there seemed to be some stains on the chemise. Oh well. That should be easily enough to replace.
Even though her hair was all minty I couldn't resist playing with her :3
Since I'm kind of not well and not able to really get out of bed because I'm dealing with this trapped nerve business. Josefina has been a great companion. I'm just sorry these are the only pictures I have at the moment of her. My camera phone sucks and my other camera doesn't have batteries -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment