Blogger Templates

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Z For Zorro




I've been disappointed in the lack of outfits for Josefina. Etsy carries lots of fashions for every other historical except it seems for Josefina and Kaya.


There are a lot of cute things out there and very talents seamstresses, why isn't there a market for her clothes.


I decided to just take it upon myself but I needed inspiration. I remembered as a kid around the midnight hour on Disney Channel they use to run old reruns of Zorro. I guess I didn't fully appreciate the shows back then to their full extent, but thankfully their memory stuck with me. I decided that was a good place to start.


There was one dress that stood out particularly the skirt. It was a navy skirt (this particular old movie was actually in color) and the bottom had a navy fringing that was only noticeable when the actress moved. I was really inspired by this piece.


Finding duplicates material and trimming was pretty impossible. The navy colors I played with never really matched up so I decided to scrap the idea of making an exact likeness. Instead I opted to just put my own spin on it.


Here is the result:






Without the Shawl




Different Uses for the Shawl






Close up of the tassel


The chemise is an AG piece from Josefina's birthday set. The skirt, sash, and shawl are my own work. I did all these the old fashion way; handstiched without a sewing machine. I'm pretty proud of my work considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment